PDA

View Full Version : a week in Cinci

debvec
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
We head there on Monday for a dreaded sleep study, the good news, I guess is that SU did not make the NCAA finals so we won't be hooting and hollering in the sleep room. We are all very sad in orange land. Then we go back in on Wednesday for a scope and then capping night, and hopefully by Thursday all the results will be in and if all looks good we will decannulate and then do a 2 night observation stay with discharge on Saturday so we can hoof it home in the Deerslayer in time for Easter morning. We will have down time on Tuesday and are hoping to go to either the zoo or the aquarium, and maybe hit a park...does anyone know of any good parks with play structures etc.? We will want to get the wiggles out before we are possibly stuck in a room for 2 days of monitoring, if all goes as it should...so, we will be there if anyone is around and wants to play. I hope it all goes well, we have tried to keep it low key but Amanda is dead set on getting her trach out next week. So much for her not knowing what is going on just in case. When they want to hear they sure do hear don't they?

babybear
04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
We're sad here in Louisville, too. :( I hope everything goes as planned. What a wonderful Easter gift!

Kaylie
04-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Best of luck , i hope all goes as planned.. we will be crossing our fingers here gor you all.

Gretchen(Celia's mom)
04-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Best of luck!!

Hope
04-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Best of luck!
Hope

haynjaymom
04-01-2009, 10:25 PM
How exciting! I hope everything goes according to plans and Amanda gets her wish to be trach free next week! I can't imaging how exciting and nervewracking it must be! Good luck!

Ainsley's Mom
04-02-2009, 03:12 AM
Wow! Very cool. It sounds like you have a fun trip planned. I wish you and Amanda the best of luck and hope to see some naked neck pictures very soon.

TommysDad
04-02-2009, 03:45 AM
WOW!!! Awesome medical news (not such good news about the b-ball games). I hope all goes well!

As for entertainment for the family, depending on the weather, Columbus Zoo is a wonderful alternative to the Cincinnati Zoo if you haven't tried that before and don't mind the extra traveling, and I think they have lots of play structers there, too??? That zoo is just amazing!!! The COSI Museum is AWESOME, but it's nearly 2 hours away in Columbus. The Newport Aquarium and just that area over by Neport on the Levy is always a favorite of ours, too! Sorry I can't offer more, but we're usually so tired from our trip just to get there, we love having time just chill'n in our hotel room for one day, and Tommy's usually in-house the rest of the time. Then when he get's discharged, we can't wait to get home:D So, we don't do a lot of "extras" while we are out there. Check with the hospital's guest relations. They usually have great ideas, and FREE tickets:D

~Maggie

JWorthington
04-02-2009, 06:51 AM
I hope Amanda gets her Easter wish. will be thinking about you next week, update when you can.

Julie x

debvec
04-03-2009, 01:07 PM
thanks everyone for the good ideas, Maggie, I don't think we will have the ambition to drive to Columbus on this trip but maybe we will incorporate it into the next one as we drive right by Columbus on our way there. It sounds wonderful.

Babybear...at least you still have your women competing...I have a hard time cheering for Rick Patino, what is the feeling there about him?

Amanda is telling everyone she is going to Cincinnati to get her trach out...I am so fearful of this but I don't want to discourage her too much. She gets next week off due to the trip and then it is Spring Break so she will be very excited to go back to school trach free.

Anyhoo, will check with guest services while we are there. They are so nice. I will let you all know once we have an idea which way this will go. And to top it off, it might snow here tomorrow...what the hay? Thank you thank you thank you for all the well wishes, and I just really need to figure out how to post a picture. I tried to do it once and had issues and have not tried again. I love looking at everyone elses so I should get my act in gear.

JacobKaden
04-04-2009, 12:23 AM
I so hope it works this time Deb! Best of luck with everything.:hug:

hcs_mom
04-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Good luck next week! We may be there too...but for the wrong reasons!

hannahysabelle
04-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Everything will be well with Amanda. :) What a wonderful Easter present! :)

debvec
04-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Good luck next week! We may be there too...but for the wrong reasons!
Joan, thank you for the wish...I hope so. Jacob's mommy,...I hope he is doing better? and other Hannah's mommy...I am sad to hear things are not going well? what is going on that might bring you to cinci? Really...I want to thank everyone for being so supportive, i still remember when I came to this list over a year ago. We wouldn't be where we are today if we hadn't listened to the pros here. While Amanda's voice is softer than before, her breathing seems to be so much better. We have made forward progress and that is more than what was happening without going to Cinci, so while I grumble about the drive and all that has gone on with it, we are hopeful..so hopeful this is it...we will let you know for sure, and thank you so much.

suzanne2545
04-05-2009, 08:17 AM
We will be there tomorrow. In and out for quick hernia repair. It doesn't sound as though there will be time for a quick visit though if you are arriving for a sleep study that day. If you are there already and want to try for some lunch post PACU tomorrow shoot me an e-mail: suzanneupton@gmail.com and I will send you my cell phone number.

debvec
04-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Suzanne,

that is a bummer, we won't be there until around 6pm as that is our appt. time and we are leaving from Syracuse tomorrow morning for the 10 hour drive. I will have email access so let me know if things change or if you are back while we are still there. We aren't leaving until Saturday....yikes.

d