PDA

View Full Version : Is this Odd?

bryantem
03-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Since we are in the weaning process of O2, we have been trying to keep her sats at 92. What this means to us is that when she is napping, I have been able to remove her O2. When she is awake, she will sat pretty well at .1, but I can't get any lower than that- I thought kids needed more O2 when sleeping and less when awake? She also moves around a lot, so I am wondering if we don't get an accurate read on the pulse-ox when she is awake. I can't wait to be O2 free.
________
List of Honda motorcycles (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/List_of_Honda_motorcycles)

suzanne2545
03-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Could be the monitor. Could be that her activity level dictates a higher need for o2. Sounds like you are moving in the right direction though.

Does the monitor lose its trace a lot or does it just bob up and down. What would happen if you just did periodic spot checks?

Niff
03-30-2009, 11:02 PM
Doesn't sound odd to me at all. With Mackenzie, she's always required less O2 when sleeping compared to when she's awake. When they're asleep, they go on compelte autopilot and aren't moving around. When they're awake, they move more, which requires more energy, and subsequently require more oxygen. This has always been the case for us.

drct1245
03-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Yes and no.... we are the odd balls right along w/ you. Ayden is the same way. Even at 3, we can't get lower than 1/8L during the day. We have the OK to get off at night, but we find the more we ween at night, the slower we ween during the day.

Don't think that really answers your question, but... just letting you know that you aren't alone.

bryantem
03-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Her wave form is all over the place when she is awake. She is a very active baby. Do they make regulators that go less than .1 liter on the big tank? Right now, to get any lower, i have to use the travel tank.
________
VAPOR GENIE (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapor-genie)

TommysMommy
03-31-2009, 02:23 AM
Tommy always, always sat higher when he was sleeping. He was such a fast breather when he was awake, his body just worked harder. When he slept, he took deep, even breaths.

kshell
03-31-2009, 08:01 AM
When Natalie was younger she always satted better while sleeping.

JWorthington
03-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Sam was always too active to get an accurate reading during waking hours - I would recommend just doing spot checks. I can understand how you feel about the oxygen, it's really tough, Sam went bonkers when he was finally free of it!:)

drct1245
03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Her wave form is all over the place when she is awake. She is a very active baby. Do they make regulators that go less than .1 liter on the big tank? Right now, to get any lower, i have to use the travel tank.

The regulators we got you can interchange between E tanks and little M6 takes - we have the compressed not the liquid.

Dawn

TommysDad
03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
WOW! For once I think Tommy follows the norm! He, too, required less O's while sleeping, and more when awake and active (and coughing and lots of suctioning). I think it's all normal.